Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Kittens!

The other day I was out in the yard...
Anyways I went into the garage to gather my tools, nothing unusual except for a few additional spider webs. Then I decided to check into this gutter problem we've been having that causes a little downpour outside the porch door so I went back into the garage for the ladder and my spade. It's dark in there when you come in from outside and your eyes haven't adjusted yet but I went to toss some cardboard on the ground and caught the eye of the cutest little itsy bitsy kitten. He was in my lawnmower box (the one I left there and just hadn't gotten around to cutting down yet for the recycles). He stretched and started coming towards me which was soooo cute and enticing, but I decided to shoo him back into the box incase his mamma was around, plus I didn't want to leave my scent on him incase that would get him into trouble. He's so cute though, and so far I'm pretty sure he's got two little siblings with him but this munchkin is Mr. Adventure and I've nicknamed him Charlie. We've seen one of his siblings and HJ named her Nefertiti. We've only seen the fur of the third peanut so I'm guessing he's a shy one. Both of us have been trying to check on them pretty regularly, make sure they're being tended to and continue to be safe because just about anything could get into our garage really with the concrete slab cracked the way it is. Which is a reminder that once these guys fly the coup, we'll have to put up some extra edging to block off the bottom of the garage door so we keep racoons, small dogs, other cats, and anything else out.
I'll keep you posted on the three muskateers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home