Tuesday, October 31, 2006

New Roof!

Well, I had written a pretty clever entry about our new roof but then blogger promptly lost it, I don't know how but they completely disappeared it. And I don't feel like writing about the roof again just yet. Nothing feels just as clever the second time around. So instead I'm going to give you an update on the kittens.
The numbers are in and officially there's four of them, two calico and two gray stripey ones. And I've found the runt of the litter, I think it's Mr. Adventure because he doesn't follow the others. For instance, the other afternoon I was watching them from the kitchen window and there was all four plus mom. Mom went and walked toward the neighbor's yard, possibly on the hunt. Then one of the calicos followed close behind, then one of the grays, then the other calico dawdled a little and then ran after the others. What does runty little Mr. Adventure do? He continues to play in the sun, jumps on a few leaves, then promptly walks in the opposite direction. Few moments later, he's heading over towards his siblings, but at his own pace. Clearly this little guy plays to the beat of his own drum, and I've got this hunch that he's just not going to keep up with the others. It's just a sense, but I keep feeling like he's going to get left behind in the winter and end up being supported by two adopted moms. Maybe he'll be just fine, but the size difference between him and the other three is pretty remarkable when you see them all together. Everything about him is just smaller. There's actually alot about him in size, stature and personality that reminds me of my nephew. Troublemakers, both of them, and darn cute too. He's gonna stay an outdoor cat though--mark my words. We don't need another goofball in the house, two is plenty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home